[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Why am I typing all these names that are on BUG-LISP anyway (like myself!) -- oh yes, SELECTQ and = or EQ
- To: kmp at MIT-MC, rwk at MIT-MC, alan at MIT-MC, bug-lisp at MIT-MC, cwh at MIT-MC, jonl at MIT-MC, gsb at MIT-ML
- Subject: Why am I typing all these names that are on BUG-LISP anyway (like myself!) -- oh yes, SELECTQ and = or EQ
- From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Date: Sat, 18 Jul 81 04:34:00 GMT
- Original-date: 18 July 1981 0034-EDT (Saturday)
I've always "known" that SELECTQ allows mixed-mode keys while CASEQ doesn't,
and indeed that was the historical motivation for the different name.
RWK is quite correct -- that distinction is as widely advertised as any other
MacLISP feature invented at about the same time. You know whom you can
blame for that (your friendly neighborhood Quux).