[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SELECTQ using = or EQ
- To: RWK at MIT-MC
- Subject: SELECTQ using = or EQ
- From: Kent M. Pitman <KMP at MIT-MC>
- Date: Sat, 18 Jul 81 04:20:00 GMT
- Cc: ALAN at MIT-MC, BUG-LISP at MIT-MC, CWH at MIT-MC, JONL at MIT-MC, GSB at MIT-ML, Steele at CMU-20C
- Original-date: 18 July 1981 00:20-EDT
Date: Friday, 17 July 1981, 21:15-EDT
From: Robert W. Kerns <RWK>
cc: GSB at MIT-ML, JONL, ALAN, BUG-LISP, Steele at CMU-20C
Re: SELECTQ using = or EQ
... So if you've
been using them interchangably, you've been laboring under a misconception.
This distinction has been widely advertised.
The wording in the manual is that they ae exactly identical except
for the use of the keyword OTHERWISE. There is hardly a widely advertised
distinction. I think there has been widely advertised confusion.... I agree
with CWH that changing the semantics of existing operators is a poor
way of dealing with the need for a new feature.