[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: HIC at MIT-MC
- From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 78 06:19:00 GMT
- Cc: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 1 JUN 1978 0219-EDT
1) Yes, have the TYI/TYIPEEK/READ/READLINE/READCH axis check for correct
type of input file. Probably some checking is done now, but is not
strict enough? Hopefully, it can be made fast.
2) I dont remember any code to do special case check for mul/div by 1,
nor add/sub by 0. True, the only case that could have a detectable
difference is the bignum-mul/div-one case and the bignum-add/sub-zero
case. If this case can be checked in one instruction or less (combined
with some jump?) then there is no question that it should be done.
One caveat - some code, i cant remember where, depends upon (PLUS X 0)
allocating a new fixnum cell, for large enough X; we should at least
provide a way to force a new fixnum cell allocation (and flonum too).