[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
reason behind the proposed change to setplist
- To: HIC at MIT-MC
- Subject: reason behind the proposed change to setplist
- From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Date: Wed, 31 May 78 14:13:00 GMT
- Cc: RMS at MIT-MC, (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 31 MAY 1978 1013-EDT
The reason is quite obscure, but is purely a question of compiler
ease and efficiency. Since it is so obscure, I talked it out with
GLS once, (and he agreed), but don't really want to do it again,
unless there is large objection to the proposed change in return value.
In fact, some (PRATT is among them) think that the change to return
second arg is more consistent with other functions.