[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: EAK at MIT-MC, JPG at MIT-MC, ELLEN at MIT-MC, JLK at MIT-MC
- To: RWK at MIT-MC, RMS at MIT-MC, MOON at MIT-MC, (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Subject: init files
- From: RWK at MIT-MC (Robert W. Kerns)
- Date: Wed, 17 May 78 05:42:00 GMT
- Original-date: 17 MAY 1978 0142-EDT
I have written up the results of my various conversations on the subject
of init files, a scheme which I think wins as much as it is possible to
win; more than I used to think it was possible to win, in fact.
Since I try to answer all the questions I've encountered on the subject,
it is a little on the long side so I didn't mail it. It may be found in
the file Z;INIT FILES. I think that it is easier to understand than
the current hodgepodge of algorithms for finding init files.