[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Purification, *PURE=T with PURE=NIL, and other lossage
- To: JONL at MIT-MC, (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Subject: Purification, *PURE=T with PURE=NIL, and other lossage
- From: HIC at MIT-MC (Howard I. Cannon)
- Date: Sun, 30 Apr 78 11:39:00 GMT
- Original-date: 30 APR 1978 0639-EST
A) With PURE=nil and *PURE=T, the UUO handler tries to clobber UUO's in pure
B) If you purify after loading one file but before loading a second file, then
pointers into freespace are left pointing into purified pages.
I think the whole mechanism needs some review and thus I am not going to
touch it until we get to talk more. The purification mechanisms seem somewhat
ill-defined and this is what is causing these random screws.