[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: GLS at MIT-MC, (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC, GSB at MIT-ML
- Subject: siot/cla/cli/its/usr.....
- From: MOON at MIT-MC (David A. Moon)
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 78 13:16:00 GMT
- Original-date: 25 APR 1978 0816-EST
Agreed that the way the CLA device gives you the names is a crock, that
isn't the only reason why a way to tell Lisp to read in block-mode (or
image, as you prefer) would be a win. It also seems like a crock to
add a new system call for the sole purpose of getting around a misfeature
of Lisp. Also, there is a problem, which is that the only place that
the names are remembered is in the buffer; the CLI'ing job may be long
gone by the time you open the CLA device.