[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC, GSB at MIT-ML
- Subject: siot/cla/cli/its/usr.....
- From: MOON at MIT-MC (David A. Moon)
- Date: Mon, 24 Apr 78 15:22:00 GMT
- Original-date: 24 APR 1978 1022-EST
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 78 07:00:22 GMT
Original-Date: 04/24/78 03:00:22 EDT
Subject: Re: siot/cla/cli/its/usr.....
To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-ML
CC: RWK at MIT-ML, MOON at MIT-ML
The best conceptual fix would be for lisp to have a filemode which said
'read this file in image [binary] mode but give me the contents in ascii
bytes'. The utility of this for random devices is (i hope) obvious;
i don't know, but suspect that it might be meaningful on systems other
I HEARTILY AGREE.