[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Read flushing spaces.
- To: RMS at MIT-AI, (BUG LISPM) at MIT-AI
- Subject: Re: Read flushing spaces.
- From: GLS@MIT-AI
- Date: Fri, 22 Apr 78 21:22:01 GMT
- Cc: GLS at MIT-AI, (BUG LISP) at MIT-AI, NIL at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 04/22/78 17:22:01 EDT
Howevere, here is a problem I just thought of: consider reading in
the expression "'FOO " (the "" are metasyntactic). If ' uses
READ-SUBEXPRESSION, then the space following FOO doesn't get gobbled;
but then it is left around as a result of the top-level read,
even though it was needed to terminate the top-level expression.
A hairier theory is needed to win completely.