[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PUREP and MACROMEMO
- To: RWK at MIT-MC, BUG-LISP at MIT-MC
- Subject: PUREP and MACROMEMO
- From: Alan Bawden <ALAN at MIT-MC>
- Date: Tue, 30 Dec 80 01:12:00 GMT
- Original-date: 29 December 1980 20:12-EST
Date: 15 December 1980 10:02-EST
From: Robert W. Kerns <RWK at MIT-MC>
For the Nth time tonight, I have been shafted by macros which
expand into code including other macro calls which want to
displace. If part of the expansion of a macro is constant, then
that expansion will be pure. If that pure portion also contains a
call to a macro which wishes to displace, you lose your ass.
Let's DO something about this!
Allow me to revive the suggestion that DISPLACE should check for the
purity of its first argument and not rplac in that case.