[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PTYs in LISP
- To: Leonard.Zubkoff at CMU-10A (C410LZ60)
- Subject: Re: PTYs in LISP
- From: Dave Touretzky at CMU-10A
- Date: Sat, 27 Dec 80 04:00:00 GMT
- Cc: bug-lisp at MIT-MC
- In-reply-to: <26Dec80 215856 LZ60@CMU-10A>
- Original-date: 26 December 1980 2300-EST
Why bother? Since you're running on the 20, wouldn't the SUBFORK package
do what you needed?
MacLisp i/o seems to be somewhat wedged in that you cannot do input and
output through the same file object (as far as I know.) This means that
you can't open a random access file for "update", i.e. read followed by
write. Perhaps the same lossage is responsible for your PTY difficulties.