[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CERROR, and the ubiquitous FORMAT
- To: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Subject: Re: CERROR, and the ubiquitous FORMAT
- From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 80 15:37:00 GMT
- Cc: bug-lisp at MIT-MC
- In-reply-to: JONL@MIT-MC's message of 6 Dec 80 06:26-EST
- Original-date: 8 December 1980 1037-EST (Monday)
Maybe the error messages could be designed to look a little bit
better when FORMAT isn't applied to them, and maybe also instead
of just one goodie a list of all the args to CERROR should be passed
to ERROR, so that at least you'd have half a chance of reconstructing
mentally the intended formatted message.
Also, why in the world are the arguments given so out of order
merely to require the use of ~nG all over the place???