[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SYMBOLCONC, STRINGs, and other things being D.E.A.D.
- To: KMP at MIT-MC
- Subject: SYMBOLCONC, STRINGs, and other things being D.E.A.D.
- From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Date: Sat, 6 Dec 80 11:22:00 GMT
- Cc: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC, RWK at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 6 DEC 1980 0622-EST
Date: 5 December 1980 16:49-EST
From: Kent M. Pitman <KMP at MIT-MC>
In Maclisp, with STRING loaded, (SYMBOLCONC "FOO" "BAR") gives a circular
. . .
This is entirely and wholly due to a buggy SENDI file installed by RWK
yesterday at 15:05:46 -- the problem is the failure of the new SENDI to
set up the variables SI:CLASS-MARKER and *:CLASS-MARKER. Not only does
SYMBOLCONC give "bizarre" results, but any use whatsoever of any data
interfaceing to the CLASS system is effectively dead.
Fixed in SENDI 97.
RWK: do a SRCCOM on SENDI to see what I changed -- I believe that the
second BOUNDP in the .SXEVAL is the loss.