[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
suggested compiler feature.
- To: GJC at MIT-MC, BUG-LISP at MIT-MC, BUG-LISPM at MIT-MC
- Subject: suggested compiler feature.
- From: Edward Barton <EB at MIT-AI>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 80 18:00:00 GMT
- Original-date: 14 July 1980 14:00-EDT
Date: 14 JUL 1980 1205-EDT
From: GJC at MIT-MC (George J. Carrette)
Which would have the following actions given that <FOO> has such
A free <FOO> => <expansion of FOO>
(setq <FOO> X) => (setf (expansion of FOO> X)
((lambda (<FOO>) <FORM>) X) => dissables the macro property of <FOO>
during the expansion of <FORM>. i.e. LAMBDA is a truely transparent.
If one wants to (BIND ((<FOO> ...)) ...) then some special BIND
form must be used. This is of course incompatible with the
existing semantics of special variables, but perhaps special variables
should be changed.
I'd like to cast a vote against making (SETQ <atom> <exp>) do anything
except SETQ a variable.