[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug with LISP device in CMU MacLisp
- To: bug-lisp at MIT-MC
- Subject: bug with LISP device in CMU MacLisp
- From: Dave Touretzky at CMU-10A
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 80 05:10:00 GMT
- Cc: Scott Fahlman at CMU-10A
- Original-date: 13 June 1980 0110-EDT
LOAD does not follow the convention of looking for a PPN property on the
LISP symbol when passed that symbol as a device spec. This causes
annoying lossage in CMU MacLisp because of packages like SETF and MACAID.
SETF does (LOAD '((LISP) MACAID)) to get MACAID from [C380ML5P], but LOAD
fumbles and generates an "IMPROPERLY FORMED NAMELIST" error.
Similarly, MACAID tries to (LOAD '((LISP) MLMAC)) and fails.