[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
"quit" in system menus
- To: TFT at MIT-AI, BUG-LISPM at MIT-AI
- Subject: "quit" in system menus
- From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW at MIT-AI>
- Date: Wed ,17 Sep 80 11:13:00 EDT
- Sender: DLW at CADR7 at MIT-AI
From: Tom Trobaugh <TFT at MIT-AI>
Subject: "quit" in system menus
"Quit" has opposite meanings in the Edit Screen and the Split Screen menus.
In the first, it means "do it", in the second, "don't do it".
Yeah, MMcM and I were just discussing this the other day. The system
also tends to be unsure whether it wants to say "Quit" verus "Abort",
and "Done" versus "Do It". I think Split Screen clearly should be
saying "Abort" rather than "Quit". All uses of these names should
be examined and we should have a consistent convention.