[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: (BUG LISPM) at MIT-AI
- From: NLG.SHIPMAN at MIT-AI
- Date: Mon ,15 Sep 80 21:16:00 EDT
In system 40.1 spire, with microcode 684, on LISP Machine Twelve:
I finally got around to trying the TOPS-20 stuff -- 2 bugs:
1) If you try to login 8 or 9 times in a row, every other one gets a "Connection went into
illegal state" error.
Perhaps more significant:
2) The default filename (in the editor) was "QFILE > LMIO AI: THIRD:" when I tried to dired
or read in a file, for example "SPEECH:<NLG.SHIPMAN>MAIL.TXT", the filename that got
created was "SPEECH:THIRD:<NLG.SHIPMAN>MAIL.TXT" with a consequent error message telling me
that two devices had been specified.
And a third one:
3) When I tried to send this bug report, FS:FILE-DEFAULT-HOST was bound to "SPEECH"; so
when I hit to mail, I got an error from the speech-closure complaining about the
ITS filename format.
4) So I did a (SETQ FS:FILE-DEFAULT-HOST "AI") and hit again. This time it complained
that I had logged in as "somebody else". So I did a (SETQ FS:USER-ID "SHIPMN") and crossed