[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: (BUG LISPM) at MIT-AI
- From: GLS at MIT-AI (Guy L. Steele, Jr.)
- Date: Thu ,26 Jun 80 15:17:00 EDT
CC: GLS at MIT-AI
In system 29.95 NWS, with microcode 669, on LISP Machine Eight:
If you are in the editor, and say C-X C-S to save a buffer, and then
go to another window via [SYSTEM] S or [SYSTEM] L or whatever, while
the write-out proceeds, then when you [SYSTEM] E back to the editor
it is in an Output Hold state.
(1) [TERMINAL] [HOLD OUTPUT] does not unstick this situation as advertised.
(2) The only way I've found to unstick it is [SYSTEM] L (ed).
(3) When you unstick it, it claims that the channel is "in illegal state for delete"
and gives an error.