[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: (BUG LISPM) at MIT-AI
- From: kmp at MIT-AI (Kent M. Pitman)
- Date: Sat ,17 Nov 79 13:09:00 EDT
CC: kmp at MIT-MC
Some random things...
(1) Why is there no LOGIN-FSET and/or LOGIN-DEFUN ...? Those would seem like
reasonably useful things to have for init files.
(2) I got a message from DLW earlier and it offered to let me reply -- I typed
a couple lines and went to rub out quite a bit of it -- the reader seems
to have given up on me in the middle of those rubouts, tho' cuz it sent my
partially-written message when I tried to rub back over a carriage return.
Maybe it's just the keyboard (it was sending stray characters earlier) but
maybe it is a software bug -- I'm sure I didn't hit anything close to control-c
(3) I need the ability to do pointer arithmetic as an atomic operation without
having to worry that the garbage collector is going to relocate the array
underneath me -- the kinds of things it would be nice to do are:
(+ <locative> <fixnum>) => <locative>
It is the case that this locative will live in a variable and I would like
to be able to declare all this good stuff to the compiler. What are chances
of being able to do any of this?