[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Set fill column in Buffer (Bug), Mode (Text), or Globally?
- To: Christopher C. Stacy <CStacy@MIT-MC.ARPA>
- Subject: Re: Set fill column in Buffer (Bug), Mode (Text), or Globally?
- From: "Barry Margolin"@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA
- Date: Sun ,30 Oct 83 13:43:00 EDT
- Cc: BUG-ZWEI@MIT-OZ.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Message of 29 October 1983 23:13 est from "Christopher C. Stacy"
I would suggest that there be an option variable which the user can set
to specify the default action, and that the default be :ASK (the new
behavior) for the benefit of new ZMACS users. Unfortunately, I can't
then think of a way for the user to override the default, since ^XF
already uses its numeric argument (maybe a negative numarg means set it
to the absolute value and ask the question - that is pretty gross,