[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Make list buffers know about support buffers
- To: bagley at MIT-OZ, BUG-zwei at MIT-OZ
- Subject: Make list buffers know about support buffers
- From: Scott McKay <SWM at SCRC-QUABBIN>
- Date: Wed ,15 Aug 84 17:20:00 EDT
- In-reply-to: The message of 15 Aug 84 15:51-EDT from Steven C. Bagley <bagley at MIT-OZ>
- Supersedes: <840815171402.2.SWM@THAMES.SCRC.Symbolics>
Date: Wednesday, 15 August 1984, 15:51-EDT
From: Steven C. Bagley <bagley at MIT-OZ>
In zwei in Release 5.1, Experimental MIT 1.5, FEP 18, on Lisp Machine Janis Joplin (3600):
It would be nice if there was some way to get M-X List Buffers not to
list the support buffers. Right now, you can sort of get that by giving
it a numeric argument and then a string not contained in any support
buffer name (e.g. ":"), but this is kludgy, and not really the right
thing, since it will miss buffers like *buffer-1*.
I have often thought this would be useful. Maybe c-- c-X c-B (where c--
means ``everything except...''). More Teco madness. BTW, maybe it's
time to write a macro which loops over the buffers, searching/not-searching
as it goes. So far List Buffers, Select Some Buffers As Tag Table, Kill
Some Buffers all duplicate this looping code.
OK, I take it back. What I had guessed would be duplication is
sufficiently tangled code that I don't want to touch it with the
proverbial 10 meter cattle prod, unless I have good reason.