[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: KMP@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com, CL-Cleanup@sail.stanford.edu
- Subject: AREF-1D
- From: Guy Steele <gls@Think.COM>
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 87 17:33 EDT
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <870422164300.0.KMP@RIO-DE-JANEIRO.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Note that I had proposed something like this to be called
AREF-ROW-MAJOR-ORDER. It may be that that proposal had
some relevant material that KMP might want to take into account.
Then again, maybe he already did. That name is too long,
but I feel that the row-majorness should be part of the name.
How about ROW-MAJOR-AREF? But I don't feel strongly about it.
Otherwise I support the proposal.
Ah. I recall that perhaps I had suggested having also
a function ROW-MAJOR-INDEX that takes an array and a bunch
of subscripts, just like AREF, and returns the row-major
index of that element.
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>