[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Procedure for Steele's proposed clarifications
- To: Masinter.PA@Xerox.COM, Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: Procedure for Steele's proposed clarifications
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Wed, 29 Apr 87 13:08 EDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- References: <870427-130708-1239@Xerox>
If something is in Steele's clarifications (X3J13/86-003), do we
still need to write it up in full blown form for vote?
In particular, does the fact that my AREF-1D proposal overlaps
with the proposal for ROW-MAJOR-AREF mean that I should modify
my proposal to use the new name (which I'm certainly content to
do) or that I should retract my proposal since the same proposal
is already on the floor.
I certainly think that full-blown forms of all the things in
the clarifications would be nice because it would save a lot of
time at meetings answering obvious questions, but some of the
things in that document are pretty simple and straightforward
in their one-liner form and I just want to clarify before doing
a lot of work that expanding them is what is intended.
- From: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM