[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Subject: ADJUST-ARRAY-NOT-ADJUSTABLE
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 1 May 1987 22:48 EDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of 22 Apr 1987 16:51-EDT from Kent M Pitman <KMP at STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
I don't like this proposed extension. It seems confusing and dangerous
to do the destructive operation in some cases and a copy in other cases.
I think that I would be more comfortable with some sort of COPY-ARRAY
function, though I'd need to see the details in order to be sure.