[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: FUNCTION-TYPE
- To: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Re: Issue: FUNCTION-TYPE
- From: Pavel.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Tue, 9 Jun 87 18:36:04 PDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <870609-182123-1906@Xerox>
Date: 9 Jun 87 18:21 PDT
If there is no automatic coercion, and there
aren't any explicit symbol-functions, then you can be guaranteed that
you don't see a call to FOO or a #'FOO somewhere, then FOO isn't
referenced and its definition can be GC'd.
One can always use manual coercion, via EVAL, so you'll also have to
outlaw any calls to thatt function in the application. It starts
seeming like this isn't such a compelling argument.