[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Dan Carnese <Carnese@SPAR-20.ARPA>: proposal]
- To: Ram@C.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: Re: [Dan Carnese <Carnese@SPAR-20.ARPA>: proposal]
- From: Dan Carnese <CARNESE@SPAR-20.ARPA>
- Date: Wed 2 Sep 87 19:25:58-PDT
- Cc: cl-cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: <RAM.12330441992.BABYL@>
Although not explicitly stated in the message Larry forwarded, the proposal
is for def...* forms that export the defined symbols from their packages.
Of course, your observations are valid about the non-clarity of the value
of *package* and of when a symbol is actually defined. But they don't seem
directly relevant to this proposal, since they describe problems in the
current language definition. So long as the export occurs just after the
cell is filled, I don't think we're adding to the existing murkiness.