[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Common-Lisp-Object-System@sail.stanford.edu
- Subject: Environment-arguments, MACRO-FUNCTION-ENVIRONMENT
- From: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 23 Oct 87 17:17 PDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@Sail.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Fri, 23 Oct 87 17:58 EDT
Moon (on CLOS list):
"We need to note somewhere that SYMBOL-FUNCTION, FBOUNDP, and
FMAKUNBOUND take an optional environment argument, just like
ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION, SYMBOL-CLASS, CBOUNDP, and CMAKUNBOUND.
This is necessary to be able to find a generic function object,
given its name, in the compile environment. FMAKUNBOUND may
be just for consistency, but FBOUNDP and SYMBOL-FUNCTION are to
allow ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION to work."
Related issues were discussed at some length on CL-CLEANUP. If someone
wants to write this up for cleanup, I have a file of the discussion
(under GET-SETF-METHOD-ENVIRONMENT in Jan-87 and ENVIRONMENT-ARGUMENTS
in April 87).
There seems to be a number of separable issues, but separating them is
difficult. Volunteers appreciated.