[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: labrea!KMP%STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM@labrea.stanford.edu
- Subject: cleanup status
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jan 88 21:54:55 PST
- Cc: labrea!CL-Cleanup%SAIL@labrea.stanford.edu, labrea!MATHIS%ADA20.ISI.EDU@labrea.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman's message of Wed, 6 Jan 88 17:13 EST <880106171310.6.KMP@RIO-DE-JANEIRO.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
re: If we don't say this to the community, who can?
The validation committee.
There seem to be two choices here:
-- restrict information as to how the cleanup is going, as a means of
exerting authority over the vendors (whom you say you don't trust).
-- disseminate information so that cooperative vendors, who are continuing
their individual development plans anyway, can act accordingly.
Scott and I favor the latter approach; and I'd just as soon leave the
policing of vendors up to another authority [maybe even the marketplace?].
I suggest you take your concerns to the validation committee. Maybe that
will resurrect it from it's current death-like status.
-- JonL --
- cleanup status
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>