[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
two minor comments: DISASSEMBLE-SIDE-EFFECT & DRIBBLE-TECHNIQUE
- To: "cl-cleanup" <email@example.com>
- Subject: two minor comments: DISASSEMBLE-SIDE-EFFECT & DRIBBLE-TECHNIQUE
- From: "AITG::VANROGGEN" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 17 Feb 88 14:58:00 EDT
- Cc: vanroggen
- Reply-to: "AITG::VANROGGEN" <email@example.com>
Before I send more mail, let me state that I have not been following
the cleanup subcommittee mail, so I may be repeating previous arguments.
I'm not on the cl-cleanup mailing list, either, btw.
The comment about what VAX LISP does for DISASSEMBLE-SIDE-EFFECT is
incorrect; we don't modify the function cell of the symbol if the
function is interpreted. I think we changed the behavior when the
mail about this issue first came up, which was several years ago.
DRIBBLE-TECHNIQUE: For a while the way we implemented DRIBBLE made it
impossible to have nested DRIBBLEs. We fixed this problem many years
ago, but at the time a suggested error message was:
No double dribbling allowed.