[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: FUNCTION-CALL-EVALUATION-ORDER (version 1)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Issue: FUNCTION-CALL-EVALUATION-ORDER (version 1)
- From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiva.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
- Date: Wed, 23 Mar 88 21:25:42 gmt
- Cc: willc <@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK,@tektronix.tek.com:email@example.com>
The closest thing I could find in CLtL to a statement about argument
evaluation order is the statement in the description of LET [...]
Actually, CLtL *does* say what the order of argument evaluation is.
It's on page 194, in the chapter on numbers:
... This does not affect the order in which argument forms
are evaluated, of course; that order is always left to right,
as in all Common Lisp function calls.