[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>, CL-Cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Issue: REST-ARGUMENT-EXTENT
- From: Charles Hornig <Hornig@ALDERAAN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 88 11:31 EDT
- Cc: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, PRobertson@MEAD.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, Laddaga@MEAD.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- In-reply-to: <880410180905.3.KMP@RIO-DE-JANEIRO.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
I favor REST-ARGUMENT-EXTENT:GENERAL. In its current form it can
replace use of WITH-STACK-LIST, which I consider a major improvement.
Extended slightly to apply to other aggregates, it could replace
STACK-LET, another simplification.
Things to consider:
Should there be a form of this that makes the same guarantees about all
levels of structure? This would allow building trees with dynamic
It might be nice to have a form analogous to the use of THE with type
declarations for this declaration.