[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New issue: STEP-ENVIRONMENT
- To: edsel!eb@labrea.Stanford.EDU
- Subject: Re: New issue: STEP-ENVIRONMENT
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 23 May 88 16:02 PDT
- Cc: Moon@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com, CL-Cleanup@sail.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: Eric Benson <edsel!eb@labrea.Stanford.EDU>'s message of Mon, 14 Mar 88 01:06:06 PST
While I believe it makes sense for TIME to be a macro, it makes less sense for
STEP to do so.
My notes say that "Moon will separate this out into STEP-ENVIRONMENT and
TIME-ENVIRONMENT", but it seems like make-work to me. I like the proposal
basically in the form that David submitted it.
If we want to add to the Current Practice, you might want to mention that both
STEP and TIME are macros in Lucid Common Lisp (although the macro definition for
STEP baffles me), and that in Xerox Common Lisp, STEP is a special form and TIME
is a macro.