[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Issue: ARRAY-TYPE-ELEMENT-TYPE-SEMANTICS
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 88 17:14:44 PDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Dan L. Pierson's message of Mon, 23 May 88 18:26:41 EDT <8805232226.AA13364@mist.UUCP>
re: The SETF obviously conflicts with the local declaration and there is
no reason that even a fairly dumb compiler can't give an error without
reference to the type information that is associated with the global
definition of MY-ARRAY.
I sympathize with your viewpoint entirely, but it is out of the domain of
this proposal. My comments on ISSUE: DEFSTRUCT-DEFAULT-VALUE-EVALUATION
suggested something similar; but compielr treatment of "declarations" isn't
part of the topic of ARRAY-TYPE-ELEMENT-TYPE-SEMANTICS.
-- JonL --