[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: WITH-OPEN-STRING-APPEND-STYLE (Version 2)
- To: Moon@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com
- Subject: Issue: WITH-OPEN-STRING-APPEND-STYLE (Version 2)
- From: gls@Think.COM
- Date: Tue, 24 May 88 10:03:11 EDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon's message of Mon, 23 May 88 18:35 EDT <19880523223541.1.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 May 88 18:35 EDT
From: David A. Moon <Moon@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>
Date: 23 May 88 13:04 PDT
This is a bit silly, but I'm wondering if you are reconstructing
QUUX's quote accurately. The quote I can find (from
format-colon-uparrow-scope), is ``Absolutely none. We're talking
about FORMAT here.'' -- Guy L. Steele Jr. In any case, the proposal
is to change WITH-OPEN-STRING, not FORMAT. I'd be happier if it said
that this was a minor improvement to the aesthetics of the language
because it made it more consistent.
I agree with your last sentence, also I think the Steele quotation was never
relevant to this issue.
"Relevance: Absolutely none. We're talking about Steele here."