[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: DISASSEMBLE-SIDE-EFFECT (version 3)
- To: pierson@MULTIMAX.ARPA
- Subject: Issue: DISASSEMBLE-SIDE-EFFECT (version 3)
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Tue, 31 May 88 17:37 EDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <8801211611.AA26219@mist.UUCP>
- References: The message of 17 Feb 88 14:58 EDT from "AITG::VANROGGEN" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 88 11:11:14 EST
From: Dan L. Pierson <pierson@mist>
References: DISASSEMBLE (p. 439), COMPILE (p. 439)
Edit history: Version 2 by Pierson 12/30/87
Version 3 by Pierson 1/21/88
Status: Ready For Release?
Very close, but not quite. See below.
Allegro CL and Vax Lisp install the compiled definition. Lucid,
Symbolics, Xerox, and KCL don't install it.
Date: 17 Feb 88 14:58:00 EDT
From: "AITG::VANROGGEN" <email@example.com>
To: "cl-cleanup" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: two minor comments: DISASSEMBLE-SIDE-EFFECT & DRIBBLE-TECHNIQUE
... The comment about what VAX LISP does for DISASSEMBLE-SIDE-EFFECT is
incorrect; we don't modify the function cell of the symbol if the
function is interpreted. I think we changed the behavior when the
mail about this issue first came up, which was several years ago. ...
This comment never made it into the current practice for some reason.
I'd like to see it there.
Other than that, I certainly DISASSEMBLE-SIDE-EFFECT:DO-NOT-INSTALL and think
it's ready to be seen by the full committee.