[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: ALIST-NIL (Version 1)
- To: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Re: Issue: ALIST-NIL (Version 1)
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 22 Jun 88 22:56 PDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Mon, 20 Jun 88 16:11 EDT
of all of the odd little confusing corners of CL, this seems like one of the
least important to clean up. I would imagine the intent was more along the
lines of your #2; and that putting NIL there seems simpler than putting some
otherwise useless CONS. Besides, putting the NIL there also makes it clear where
the "dummy" entries are, allowing for a quick (remove nil alist).
So, I'm agin it.