[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: ALIST-NIL (Version 1)
- To: "cl-cleanup" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Issue: ALIST-NIL (Version 1)
- From: "AITG::VANROGGEN" <email@example.com>
- Date: 23 Jun 88 11:26:00 EDT
- Cc: vanroggen
- Reply-to: "AITG::VANROGGEN" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
You didn't mention that the [R]ASSOC[-IF[-NOT]] functions might be
faster if they didn't have to check for NIL.
In general, I'm in favor of this, but I'm somewhat concerned about
compatibility. However, I think "Cost to User #1" isn't really much
of an argument. #2 is an issue, though, and your suggestion isn't
good enough a work-around, since it might change the behavior for the
xxx-IF and xxx-IF-NOT functions, depending on the predicate used.