[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: STREAM-INFO (Version 4)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: Issue: STREAM-INFO (Version 4)
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 30 Jun 88 15:56:48 PDT
- Cc: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM, CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU, Dick@WHEATIES.AI.MIT.EDU
- In-reply-to: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM's message of Thu, 30 Jun 88 10:34 EDT, <880630103421.2.KMP@RIO-DE-JANEIRO.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
I guess I wasn't clear. I understand your point, and see that it is probably not
a good idea to be more explicit about what the functions you propose should do.
However, I think the proposal needs to be really explicit that there are no such
contracts, lest users mistakenly assume there are.