[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: STANDARD-INPUT-INITIAL-BINDING (version 7)
- To: pierson%mist@MULTIMAX.ARPA
- Subject: Issue: STANDARD-INPUT-INITIAL-BINDING (version 7)
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 88 17:56 EDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: <8807082058.AA24313@mist.UUCP>
Minor residual nit picking...
* In the Proposal section, numbered item 4, end of line 1, the
typo "the a" still appears.
* In the second example, you are guaranteed that this works only
if you haven't changed the value of *DEBUG-IO*. Note that, unlike
the third example which uses the variable *TERMINAL-IO* which
users are forbidden to change, *DEBUG-IO* has no such restriction.
Since your proposal says clearly that these are constraints only
on the initial values, the claim on the second example is a bit
strong. [I would be ammenable to expanding the proposal to say that
it `is an error' (ie, has undefined effects) if you do any later
bindings or assignments which invalidates one of the assertions you
In spite of the above, it's ok to go ahead and start listing me as a
supporter of this proposal.