[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
issue BOGUS-FIXNUMS (initial draft)
- To: sandra <@cs.utah.edu:sandra@cdr>
- Subject: issue BOGUS-FIXNUMS (initial draft)
- From: jpff%maths.bath.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 88 10:33:24 BST
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: sandra (Sandra J Loosemore)'s message of Mon, 11 Jul 88 11:28:42 MDT <8807111728.AA22729@cdr.utah.edu>
- Sender: jpff%maths.bath.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK
This looks like a giant step backwards. Some of us are interested in
writing efficient code. Even if some machines only have one
representation I find it hard to believe that there are not a subset
which are more efficient. Are you seriously suggesting that LISP
should counternance numbers not being arbitary precision?
Anyway KCL has fixnum, bignum and short fixnum.