[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue "Eliminate forced consing" re-visited
- To: trwrb!smpvax1!jrg@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
- Subject: Re: Issue "Eliminate forced consing" re-visited
- From: masinter.PA@Xerox.COM
- Date: 23 Aug 88 23:04:02 PDT
- Cc: email@example.com.EDU
- In-reply-to: trwrb!smpvax1!jrg@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU's message of Mon, 22 Aug 88 21:39:05 PDT, <8808230439.AA15416@trwrb.TRW.COM>
I've not been as quick as I should have; the issue name should be something like
SEQUENCE-FUNCTIONS-CONSING and the proposal name something like
It might help if you were prepared to offer a portable implementation of these
functions. Do you have evidence that they are implementable efficiently?
The discussion section is much too long. We've opted for terseness, its helped,
and will be especially important if we have as many issues as I hope we will.
Can the main points be summarized, in outline form?