[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: HASH-TABLE-ACCESS (version 1)
- To: vanroggen%aitg.DEC@decwrl.dec.com
- Subject: Issue: HASH-TABLE-ACCESS (version 1)
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Tue, 13 Sep 88 19:10 EDT
- Cc: CL-CLEANUP@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: <8809131930.AA14068@decwrl.dec.com>
I'll support this, though I would -really- like to see this business of
the test (EQ vs #'EQ) resolved.
Personally, I feel that since the set is non-extensible, we ought to
change it to allow only :EQ, :EQL, or :EQUAL (and permit implementations
to accept other values for compatibility). Then the value returned
by HASH-TABLE-TEST could be deterministically :EQ (or whatever) and
we could do away with the popular Trivial Pursuit (TM) question about
how the test is recognized. I think it would simplify a lot of things.
If people buy this, I will write it up as a separate cleanup item.