[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: REQUIRE-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS (version 1)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: Issue: REQUIRE-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS (version 1)
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Wed, 14 Sep 88 09:55 PDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU, pierson%mist@MULTIMAX.ARPA
- Fcc: BD:>Gregor>mail>outgoing-mail-4.text.newest
- In-reply-to: <880913184907.6.KMP@GRYPHON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Line-fold: no
I sure would like to see require and provide removed from the language.
As a maintainer of a portable program, people are always asking me to
"use them". The only thing is that I have never been able to figure out
a way to do that that works in the 14 Common Lisp implementations I know
of. I also can't understand what it could possibly mean for programs
that span multiple files.