[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: LOAD-TIME-EVAL (Version 5)
- To: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Re: Issue: LOAD-TIME-EVAL (Version 5)
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 88 11:51 EDT
- Cc: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, Masinter.PA@Xerox.COM, CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: <19880918233023.5.GREGOR@PORTNOY.parc.xerox.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 88 16:30 PDT
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 88 19:21 EDT
From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
The CL-Compiler committee has been actively discussing this, so I think
we can safely ignore it for the time being.
If they fail to reach closure and submit something to X3J13 in a timely
fashion, I will take care of reviving it here.
Given the current X3J13 schedule, what does timely mean? Is there
reason to believe the compiler committee will arrive in Washington with
a detailed proposal that they want the full committee to vote on? If
not, the cleanup committee should probably generate its own proposal
I'm an observer, not an activist, on the CL-Compiler list. All I can
say is that there is mail batting around about every other day on the
topic, and it seems fair to allow them that opportunity. I will forward
your concerns to that list and we can see how they respond.