[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: ELIMINATE-FORCED-CONSING
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 88 00:33:40 PDT
- Cc: cl-cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM's message of 14 Sep 88 22:10 PDT <880914-221131-1891@Xerox>
I agree with your prognosis.
Specifically, I know of important companies that are trying to deliver
Lisp-written programs to be competitive with C-written ones, and their
programmers believe (rightly or wrongly) that they must do cons-free
programming. So it is a serious problem that can't be completely
ignored. Additionally, I agree with your conjecture:
In my mind, making CL more complicated is a very high cost.
and would add to it that making cleanup proposals more complicated
will be a very high cost. There's only so much we can do betwen
now and January.
-- JonL --