[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SYMBOL-MACROLET-SEMANTICS (Version 2)
- To: piazza%lisp.DEC@decwrl.dec.com
- Subject: SYMBOL-MACROLET-SEMANTICS (Version 2)
- From: Eric Benson <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 88 12:58:25 pdt
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Jeffrey Piazza's message of 21 Sep 88 13:55 <8809211757.AA24142@decwrl.dec.com>
Shouldn't SETQ of a symbol macro be permitted, and defined to be the
same as SETF?
You should clarify the statement that ``recursive'' symbol macros are
an error. Certainly it is legal for one symbol macro to expand into
another, or for a symbol macro to expand into a regular macro call
which expands into a (different) symbol macro. Perhaps
``self-recursive'' would be better.
Should there be a global version of SYMBOL-MACROLET, i.e.