[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: DECLARE-TYPE-FREE (Version 1)
- To: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: DECLARE-TYPE-FREE (Version 1)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Sep 88 19:30:32 PDT
- Cc: Gray@DSG.CSC.TI.COM, Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman's message of Sat, 24 Sep 88 20:29 EDT <880924202915.2.KMP@GRYPHON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
re: Fyi, I didn't mean to suggest that that program was good style. I was just
trying to answer Moon's "Is it necessary to be explicit?" query by
demonstrating that it was necessary.
Understood. I liked Gray's phraseology re "specialized storage". Some
commentary alluding to that ought to be in the proposal; that would help
justify the restriction against this "explicit" style.
-- JonL --