[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: NTH-VALUE (Version 2)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Subject: Re: Issue: NTH-VALUE (Version 2)
- From: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Oct 88 17:26:35 CDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of Sat, 1 Oct 88 20:46 EDT from Kent M Pitman <KMP@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Sender: GRAY@Kelvin.csc.ti.com
> Proposal (NTH-VALUE:ADD):
> Add a new macro NTH-VALUE, described as
> NTH-VALUE n form [Macro]
> Evaluates the FORM and returns the Nth value returned by the form as
> a single value. N is 0-based, i.e. the first returned value is
> value 0 (for consistency with NTH and NTHCDR). Both N and FORM are
> evaluated, in left-to-right order.
> Current practice:
> No implementation is known to provide this feature.
The TI Explorer and LMI Lambda have this.
[This is not necessarily an endorsement, however, since it seems to be
only rarely used.]