[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: DEFPACKAGE (version 5)
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: DEFPACKAGE (version 5)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Oct 88 15:25:41 PDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@Sail.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon's message of Fri, 7 Oct 88 00:12 EDT <19881007041242.6.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
I approve of this version.
I also like :internal, and had intended to bring it up before. The comment
- the change to :IMPORT-FROM and :SHADOWING-IMPORT-FROM to call
FIND-SYMBOL instead of INTERN inadvertently made them useless,
since there is no way to assure that non-exported, non-shadowed
symbols exist. . . .
is a bit overly pessimistic here, since internals symbols are created
merely by reading files. But there's no question that defpackage should
have a way of creating internal non-exported, non-shadowing symbols.
-- JonL --