[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: PRINT-CIRCLE-STRUCTURE (Version 1)
- To: Scott.Fahlman@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: Issue: PRINT-CIRCLE-STRUCTURE (Version 1)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Oct 88 17:28:16 PDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, Christopher.McConnell@A.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
- In-reply-to: Scott.Fahlman@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU's message of Fri, 07 Oct 88 09:46:18 EDT <8810071349.AA01222@lucid.com>
re: . . . can you comment (or get someone there to
comment) on the accuracy of Chris's guess that it shouldn't be too hard to
implement this? In your implementation, does the outer print communicate
Lucid's circle printer was implemented by someone who left Lucid about
a year ago. About a half-year ago, I diddled with the code, due to a
complaint from a PCL user (it wasn't Chris) who had circular instances.
I spent far more time at it that I wanted to, bolstered by the thoughts:
(1) that with just a little more probing, I'd be able to understand the
opaque algorithms being employed; and
(2) I considered the former behaviour a clear "bug" that was actually
impeding a user's work.
There is no guarantee that all such bugs are fixed now.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
-- JonL --